The making of NEI Electric
Claude M. Anderson Electric Co., Inc.
Claude and Jeanette Anderson started their electrical company in the early 1950s. Anderson Electric became a 1952 charter member of the St. Paul Chapter of the National Electrical Contractors Association (NECA) and incorporated in 1959.
- Claude Anderson trained as an electrician during World War II and returned from the war to work as a residential contractor out of his garage on the east side of St. Paul.
- Subsequent ownership changes also changed the focus of the company into the ever evolving commercial segment of electrical construction.
- As the commercial electrical work increased, the company moved to larger facilities on East Seventh Street and in 1991 moved to its current location on Payne Avenue – a true and proud St. Paul east side company that serves the entire Twin Cities metropolitan area.
NEI Northern Electricians, Inc.
The company was founded by Donald Eibs and Marv Roberts; Bob Rawlings became a partner in 1975 and then assumed business clients and valuable employees of both Sherman Electric and Halvorson Electric in the 1990s.
- In 2004 Anderson Electric purchased the majority interest in NEI Northern Electricians, Inc.
- NEI Northern Electricians, Inc. serves western Wisconsin and Minnesota customers from its St. Croix Falls and Eau Claire offices.
The newly formed NEI Electric has more than 100 years of combined electrical experience and is proud of the outstanding professional service provided in the past to loyal customers and pledges to continue this same quality service into the future.